Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The after effect!

I just saw the movie titled 'Dhobi Ghat', though its an inappropriate name for the movie, but it makes sense when you add the latter part of the title too; "Mumbai Dairies".

I must say, What a movie! I dares to say all the things that the director could not say in the movie. Its an Indie flick obviously, and not many people will like it, but I would not like to take away any credit from it. Its a fantabulous work of art, that can only be understood by people who have a little thinking capacity and a free mind.

But I am writing this blog only to pay heed to Aamir Khan's character 'Arun'. What an inch perfect depiction of a creative mind, please mind that although he's portrayed as an artist, it doesn't limit a creative mind to just paintings and related, it signifies everything that can happen with a mentality that questions the social policies of conservationism and hypocrisy.

His mind is so populated with things, that half the times, he doesn't realize what he's doing. Rationalizing things is just not his cup of tea. I feel connected to this character in a lot of aspects but at the same time I'm forced to differ. Like the fact when he realizes that 'the last video recording' from the girl, is because she commits suicide and is just a fair way to put it out to the family. But it can also signify that she ran away with another man who could take her away from all the pain that she was going through in this marriage of her, that she was forced into.

Although not many rational people will agree to my point after seeing the movie, but I have my points also.
 The very simple fact that the girls actions where shown as per 'Arun's' perspective, so only because he thought that she hanged herself, does not mean that she really did.

Arun, also contradicts his character and his mind when he states that he does not believe in relationships. The very fact that he built a relationship with a lady based on 3 video cassettes and a chain proves to you that he does believe in relationship. And its because of this attitude, that he comes up with he best works while he's tormented by the thoughts of a 'relationship'.

My views. You need not agree, but I really don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment