Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The complexity of reason

So 'graphene' is the new talk of tinsel town, and how it won two russian born american scientists the coveted Nobel Prize and made their pockets heavier ($450,000 each!). But why would we give a fuck? I mean what do we have to do with some nerdy assholes making it big in planet nerdmoron. But it does matter in the end; coz at the end of it all this innovation is going to be implemented in everything, right from mobile phones to aircrafts. But this discovery was a accident, like all the inventions of the earlier generations. They just happened to use a cello tape and attach it to a common pencil lead ( made of graphite) and watch the cello tape under the microscope. The thing is, they had managed to isolate just one atom of Carbon from its graphite form. Ok! I'm beginning to sound very weirdly Nerdy myself.

That was just an example of what I'm getting at. We all come across the need of reasoning skills to decipher the right judgments and fallacies in life. But my question is, does reason really exist? Please know that I am just giving you examples of why reason does not exist, and not the real reason of the same. So please read and try to understand where the thought's coming from.

I was having a friendly chat with an atheist friend of mine, and from that friendly conversation I deduced the first example of 'The lack of reasoning in humanity'. GOD! From the dawn of time itself, humans have always had the urge to believe in the 'supernatural'. That is just embedded in our genes, to be a little schizophrenic. I don't say all this because am an agnostic too, but my point being, how is the lack of reasoning responsible for the formation of religion? Till the 16th century people thought that the Universe revolved around the Earth, it is not until a man named Nicolas Copernicus, reasoned this theory and later found out that, this was just a misconception and the earth was just a part of a solar system that revolved around our sun.

Getting back to the topic, why hasn't anyone ever reason the subject of god, and try to either prove or reason with the existence of god? What I say is simple, 'Show me God, and i'll believe him with my eyes closed.'

So do we actually reason everything as we do it? Or is it just a line of unconscious decisions that if go well, we say we reasoned it all out, and when it fails we blame our luck.

Take love for instance, relationships. My Oh My! Can they be ever reasoned out? But when it works out and when we are 70 and sitting in a lonely house, we are proud of reasoning out all the fine details that led to this life. But if that singular entity could ever be reasoned with, do you think there would be so many disheartened souls? So many divorces? So many cases of domestic violence?

So I leave you out, with just one thing to say and wonder about, do we actually reason? Maybe next time we say we are going to weigh the pros and cons, we probably SHOULD! :)

Btw, plzz goto this page and just 'like' it..Its a favoud for a friend..He needs it! Please help me out by helping him..:)...http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paisa-Vasool/113252258734165

Toodles! No more 'I need a Girlfriend Jokes!' I have one now! :D :)...or atleast I think I do! :D :)...

P.S. From now my close friend Kushal will also be a part of this blog. So its going to be double the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment