Monday, September 6, 2010

'The' Influence!

As you all know, I am a die hard metal fan, I mean I eat metal, I drink metal, heck, I even sell metal i.e. I am a salesman selling structural steel. Well that definitely counts! :)

But I have also been wondering what made me start this addiction, I mean if it was harmful I would have been in rehabilitation like a million times already! :) But how did this bug catch on to my volkswagon sized balls (although I just thought them to be 'Blue' of-late, but I want it to be seen as aesthetically pleasing. Omfg! I love this line from 'The Ugly Truth') Well I used to be a cartoon freak, just like all the kids in my school, just like all the regular 1o year olds, and one of my favorites was 'Swat Kats'. I mean T-Bone and Razor and 'Commander' just blew my head off, till the time when Cartoon Network fucked everything up by turning 'Hindi'. And it sucked to lissen to 'Bade Meow' and 'Chote Meow', I mean how could I digest that kinda stupid shit! They just ruined my childhood by turning CN into a Hindi kids channel! ftw! MotherFuckers! All of them! (I know this is common for most of the guys reading this article too! :D Hell yeah!)

But that aint the point, I was 10 or 11 when I watched this show, and very surprisingly, apart from their 'jet' and their uber personalities, the other thing that kept me glued was their insanely out of the world theme music. I mean I could not miss those 30 seconds of their theme music, I mean something Tingled, like people have butterflies when they see that chic in skool, or mebbe the feeling when you have had too much to eat, or the feeling when you are standing at the principal's office and its dead silent. The same feeling that had suspense and thrill and sheer exhilaration, I got butterflies listening to a modified version of Black Sabbath's 'Children of the Grave'. A lot sassier than the original track, but it did the job.

There is one embarrassing confession to make, I used to be a hardcore Hindi movie fan, it may not seem 'cool' for many of you, but that is just the fact, so better digest it or I'll make it digest for you :X. And very surprisingly, even Hindi movies back then had Metal songs in it! I know, I know, you probably dont believe me. But check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6NP2dAj5ZM&feature=fvw. This is from the 1990 Aamir Khan starrer, Dil. Yeah, That's Iron Maiden's 'Aces High'. Imagine that shit! Very surprisingly, other than the fact that this movie is uber hilarious and I haven't seen this movie in the past 15 years, the only memory of this movie for me was that 10 second part of the movie! Please dont confuse this scenario, I didn't even know there was any other kind of music other than bollywood music back then. :) I was cute, I was young, I was naive and I had 'Hair' on my head. :|

Now you can probably see that 'it' was already in me, the recognition of the tritone, the metal attributes and the choice in music slowly evolved over time, but the principles still remain the same! Metalhead for life! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment