Friday, September 3, 2010

What is?

Before you start to read this, I would like you to know, that I meant no harm against anyone and that these views are solely mine and mine alone. I don't want anyone to be influences by what I write, but at least give it a thought.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but I have been through a lot recently, and it is only fair to write it all out. Some people remove their frustration by being aggressive, some listen to good music, some eat, some starve, some die with pent up emotions, all I do is try to give a piece of me to the world so that they know my mistakes and don't do the same.

I had been to India recently, and I realized how hollow our system of family and moral values that we have been taught since the early years is. I mean what's the last time that you can think of where you were allowed to take your own decision and not follow what someone else told you. When was the last time that we did not have the 'Herd' mentality. How robotic are we really? I mean even a beggar does more creative outputs to this world than we do. We are just slaves of humanity, or in other terms a government inside a government that we cal 'society'. Society includes everyone you know and all the other people you may not know too. I remember as a child I was always told to be a 'good boy', and if I did something that was wrong according to them, I would be told be like a person 'X' who I didn't even know, but still my parents found it appropriate to compare me with him. I am not him, 'PERIOD'.

Today, I dont know even one guy amongst my friends, who live 'their' life. Now you may ask, 'Why did I emphasize on 'their'?' But the answer is really simple, because we never live 'our' lives. We are never taught the actual meaning of 'life' in school are we, we are just told that it is a period of one's life that starts with birth and ends with death. There always is an ulterior motive behind all that we do. But then we are all homo sapiens, and its in our DNA to be selfish, I mean that is exactly what makes us 'human' after all.

What would happen if everyone realized that we are all living lives that has been bound on us, without asking our opinions without inquiring whether we are alright with others making our decisions. We just follow the norms that others have laid according to what they might think is right or wrong. Get a graduation, go abroad to get an MBA, get a high paying job, earn a lot of money, make your life, find a wife, get kids and die unfulfilled and alone in the end. Money, Sex, Fame are just the tip of the iceberg. Have we ever thought why isn't 'love' a part of anyone 'becoming successful' agenda? We are all just the same, no liberties, not allowed to use our brains, something that Pink Floyd showed excellently in their video of "Another Brick in the Wall".

I don't want to imply that all of us just start rebelling against society, and get caught by the cops, or start an NGO that helps humanity. I'm just implying that we just 'Live' our lives for a change, according to what we would want to do with it.

In the end, I would just say, I am making one of the most important decisions in my life right now, and I will not hold anyone responsible if I fail miserable and end up begging in life, at the same time I will not share my success with anyone either. Its mine to have, and I shall have it.

I am off to lead my life according to what my heart's saying, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment